Chicken request at Tractor Supply?

You'll have to call the store in question and ask. My local Grange is great about special ordering chicks for me, but I understand TSC's level of customer service isn't always that great.

Special Order Form

The only thing about TSC chicks is that they are "unknown hatchery" quality. That means you might get what you're ordering, or you might just get something that looks very similar to it! Or you might get a mixed breed that has only one parent of the breed you're wanting.

I would probably suggest the online hatcheries for specific breeds, before I would suggest TSC. At least the online hatcheries are getting smart, and realizing when they don't carry a purebred (for example, the "easter eggers" that My Pet Chicken carries, are definitely not Ameraucanas, and they acknowledge that).

Yes, you need to talk to the person at your local Tractor Supply and see what they will do. They can order from different hatcheries so even that is not the same at all Tractor Supplies. Some will special order for you but some won’t. It’s up to the local manager. Just make sure you talk directly to the person placing the order. The other people working there may not have all the facts about the store policy.

There are some advantages in ordering through a feed store if you can. They take the risk of the chicks dying in transit and you can get by with less than the minimum order. Hope yours will work with you.

Yes, you need to talk to the person at your local Tractor Supply and see what they will do. They can order from different hatcheries so even that is not the same at all Tractor Supplies. Some will special order for you but some won’t. It’s up to the local manager. Just make sure you talk directly to the person placing the order. The other people working there may not have all the facts about the store policy.

There are some advantages in ordering through a feed store if you can. They take the risk of the chicks dying in transit and you can get by with less than the minimum order. Hope yours will work with you.
Exactly, ask your local feed stores, they will help you out. If they don't they will tell you who does.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom