1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken run- $0. Happy chickens- Priceless

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by BellLisamo, May 1, 2009.

1. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    I built this run in about an hour to two hours. The chicken wire is what took so long. I used pallets for the lil house and then i used trampoline legs to hold up the run. I dug a hole for the trampoline legs and then buried them. Hope everyone likes my scrap run!!!

[​IMG]

The chickens are loving their new run so much that one of the pullets laid their first egg!!!!

[​IMG]

2. Ga.chickenman

Ga.chickenman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Vidalia
    That's what I'm talking about,my kinda chicken pen. I always try to make my pens and brooders from free stuff,my chicken love it. Looking good
    keep up the good work!!!!
    ga.chickenman [​IMG]

3. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    That's a great way to recycle, and so long it works that's what does matter.
    Great Idea [​IMG]

Omran

4. mwdh1

mwdh1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Indiana
    I love it, my coop is made from an old garage door I recycled (free), and my run only cost me about $60

5. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

kool!!! I like it [​IMG] [​IMG] great way to reuse materials that you had on hand [​IMG] [​IMG] I would like those chicken iglus but $$way$$ to expensive ( our hens free range though ) may your hens be happy for ever! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. headred

headred Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Lawrence
    I love a free coop! Good job!

7. hungryhensfarm

hungryhensfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Alabama
    My coop was made with lumber given to me by a neighbor. We had to purchase the chicken wire and staples to fasten the chicken wire to the lumber. I'm not sure exactly how much those cost because my husband bought them while I was at work. But my understanding is that the wire was about $50 and the staples less than $10. I'm happy with it and my girls seem to like it, too.

Bellisamo,
    I think your coop and run look great. You did a fantastic job and ou should be proud of your accomplishment. $0 is the way to go![​IMG]

8. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    thanks so much everyone! [​IMG]
    i was so proud of it i made HUNY come over and look at it that day!

9. Huny

Huny Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2008
    Sunny Southern Arizona
    I am just jealous because I don't have a free trampoline sitting around, or a truck to drag home pallets. I am pretty impressed.

10. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] Great job. Nothing better than a free coop and run. I like it. Now I think Ive got some old trampoline legs laying around somewhere. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by