Chicken Run Ideas, would love to see your pics!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ErikaSmit, Sep 25, 2011.

1. ErikaSmit

ErikaSmit Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2011
    Schererville, IN
    Me and my husband want to put a run on our coop since our chickens have a tendency to, um, cross the road! [​IMG] I would love to see other runs and different things in the runs that keep the chickens busy. This is our coop:
    [​IMG]

NancyNurseCxMama likes this.
  2. GoldenSparrow

GoldenSparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Thats GREAT!

3. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    Super cute coop. We built a walk in run with holes for the existing coops. You could do this too which would allow you complete access to the coop on the outside of the run and also an easy to clean space for the girls to roam. Here are pictures of ours...

[​IMG]
    The run by Raven Wren Designs, on Flickr

YayasChooks likes this.
  4. bluebird

bluebird Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Valparaiso, IN
    Hello Erika! Wow! I love your little coop! Cute, cute, cute! Love the color!

We built a frame with 4x4s and 2x4s and then attached hardware cloth. We put wire on the ground and covered it with sand/gravel mix.

[​IMG]

YayasChooks and NancyNurseCxMama like this.
  5. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    Wow, everyone has such great looking coops/runs. Here's a couple of mine, you can see in the background the work in progress of a shed we are converting to a coop. Still have to build the run for that one. First one will handle 8 chickens, the new one will hold up to 16 chickens!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. fireguy56

fireguy56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2010
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Hi, Here is what I did for a run and some things I built for the chickens to exercise on. We call it the "chicken jungle jim". Good luck with yours.
    Erik

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    [​IMG]

Here you go.

Steve

8. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    Quote:Love the play yard-I have been meaning to add some "fun" stuff in mine! Great motivation seeing yours!

9. yellowirenut

yellowirenut Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2011
    New haven, IN
    I got a powder coated dog kennel. the materials price was only $50 more than if i had used hardware cloth, post, cement and all the other stuff. $50 is well worth not having to dig post holes threw ground with huge roots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Frazzemrat1 likes this.
  10. Percysmom

Percysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Wow, your chicken coop is really nice. My Big chicken flys over any fence though. I made this little coop out of dog crates and a dog house. I only have 2 chickens and I do let them out for several hours a day to free range.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
    doubleleft likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by