1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken Run - the movie

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by swimmom, Oct 29, 2009.

1. swimmom

swimmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2009
    Carolinas
    We started keeping chickens this year, and just for fun I thought our family should watch Chicken Run on family movie night. I'd forgotton how hilarious it was. Even more hilarious because I could see some of my chickens in the on screen characters. My BO is most definately Babs!!! I just know my chickens are having secret meetings in the coop!! [​IMG]

2. ksct

ksct Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    upstate, NY
    i never watched the full movie... i think i'll have to now. [​IMG]

3. Uzuri

Uzuri Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    I wondered if anyone here liked that movie XD It's a fun one. I have a very limited DVD library, but that's definitely on the shelf.

Friend of mine has a chicken like Ginger, always wanting to get away. She doesn't know how good she has it, though -- maybe it's time she was sat down in front of the TV to see how she could have it a lot worse if she lived with Mrs. Tweedy.

4. chickfan

chickfan Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Quote:I looked for the movie you mentioned, on Amazon, and don't see it. Could you tell me more about it? Maybe I would find it under another name? Thank you!

5. MrsChickendad

MrsChickendad Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Lennon, Michigan
    The name is "Chicken Run", it is by Nick Park and is a claymation movie like the Wallace & Gromit movies that Nick Park also did.

6. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    We have a chicken named Ginger too! No, I am not Mrs. Tweety!! My girls have it good, they will never be pies!

7. chickfan

chickfan Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Quote:Thank you! I have ordered it as we speak!
    Lou Nell

8. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    The first time we watched the movie I told my wife "Ginger would have been in the pot on the third attempt."

I just wasn't the audience they made that movie for! It was funny though with all the references to World War Two movies. We've watched it about a half-dozen times now.

.....Alan.

9. gwennym

gwennym Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2008
    Edwardsville, IL
    I have a Ginger, too ........ little thing keeps trying to escape while I'm getting out of the run gate.

Gwen

10. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I had forgotten all about that movie. I thought it was cute too. In fact there may be a copy around here somewhere.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by