Chicken Saddle

Twilightmom11

In the Brooder
5 Years
Feb 21, 2014
My little Rhode Island Red, Rosie, is missing a lot of her feathers on her back. I purchased a saddle for her and put it on her the other day. She started to run around all over the yard turning her head from side to side, really freaking out. I took it off because I didn't want to stress her out. Has anyone else had this happen? Do they eventually get use to it? She really needs to wear it because her back has been like this for months. Been using Stop Peck but it's not helping. Please let me know, I'm freaking out just like Rosie!!

McClellan

Hatching
May 21, 2015
Lunenburg MA
Mine did that too,but they stopped after a little while. I have 5 girls wearing them and they all ran a little when I first put them on, then started pulling at the straps. The one who really hated it ran around like something was chasing her, but she stopped after maybe 5 minutes. She does end up getting it off every few days, but I can put it back on without her panicking.

Twilightmom11

In the Brooder
5 Years
Feb 21, 2014
Thank you for your reply McClellan, that makes me feel better about leaving it on. Hope it works!

Top Bottom