1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken Saddles... Any Interest?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by SterlingAcres, Aug 26, 2008.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    They're completely waterproof, constructed of PUL (Polyurethane Laminate) material (available in pink and green) and duck cloth/canvas (available in black or khaki) to keep them from flipping up. I can use snaps as pictured or not. $5 each, plus $3 shipping.
    PM me.

[​IMG]

2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Do you have any pictures of them on the birds? And what colors/patterns do they come in?

3. goldensunriseranch

goldensunriseranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    Hi, Are they only in large fowl size or also in bantam, say for bantam cochins. I have a couple of girls getting bare in the back and could use some for them. The pink & black is adorable!
    Thanks
    Michelle

4. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:No, sadly, my birds are just chicks. I used a pattern similar to one I've seen a few times online. So far, I've got pink and green PUL here, with black or khaki canvas. And I can work with anyone on any designs, patterns or appliques they'd like.

Here's someone else's photo - THIS IS NOT MY BIRD OR MY SADDLE, FYI. I don't claim any rights to it, it's just the same pattern.
    [​IMG]

5. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:I can make LF and BF. No problem.

6. fullhouse

fullhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    MI
    Is there a reason you chose to use PUL on a saddle? Maybe shiney side up so the roo falls off? [​IMG]

7. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:[​IMG]

No, actually equibling was looking for a waterproof saddle... I make cloth diapers, so I have PUL laying around.

8. goldensunriseranch

goldensunriseranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    Great! PM'd you!

9. fullhouse

fullhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    MI
    Quote:[​IMG]

No, actually equibling was looking for a waterproof saddle... I make cloth diapers, so I have PUL laying around.

[​IMG] I have 2 kids in cloth at the moment. Do you have a HC?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  10. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:A Hyena Cart? No, I do not. I do have a website and shopping cart though.
    http://sterlingbabies.com/cart/
    There's a link on the main page to the gallery photos of things I've made for customers previously. I can also get just about any fabric you want, so no one is limited to what's in my 'fabrics' section. LOL I don't do much business through to website itself, usually people just email me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by