1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken Saddles/Wing Protectors/Harnesses

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Louise's Country Closet, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Louise's Country Closet

Louise's Country Closet Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Garrison, MN
    [​IMG]

Chicken saddles starting at only $3.99! Price does include shipping - and we send out packages every Monday, Wednesday & Friday - and even most days in between!

Wing Protectors are only $4.99!

Saddle sizes are:

Extra Small - 4 Long x 5 Wide
    Small - 5 Long x 6 Wide
    Medium Narrow - 6 Long x 7 Wide
    Medium Wide - 6 Long x 8 Wide
    Large Short - 7 Long x 7 Wide
    Large - 8 Long x 7 Wide
    XL - 9 Long x 7 Wide

I have so many that I can't show them all here but I can give links to my website which has them all, and the sizes I have for them. If you only feel comfortable ordering them here, that's perfectly okay! Feel free to leave a message here or PM me.

I don't always have a lot in stock when it comes to colors because they're constantly changing. So if you want more than one of a certain color, ask away! Some times I do have more of that fabric I just haven't made a lot of saddles with it yet.

I sell regular chicken saddles, saddles with wing protectors, saddles made into a harness and special saddles made from flannel - special because flannel is always so obnoxiously expensive! [​IMG]

Links: (These have the prices for that particular saddle too)

Saddles: http://louisescountrycloset.com/chickensaddles.html
    With
    Wings: http://louisescountrycloset.com/chickensaddleswithwingprotectors.html
    Harnesses
    : http://louisescountrycloset.com/chickenharness.html

*I'm
    always adding to our stock so check back frequently!*

When responding to me here, let me know which saddle it is, which page it's on, the size you need and how many you want - that way I can get your order right and out to you fast!

Also, if you need something custom made, PLEASE feel free to ask me.. so long as it's not large (turkey large) then custom made ones will be no extra charge.

Here are a few examples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2011
  2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Hi, I have a hen that is missing feathers on the upper rounded area of the wing edge, near the body/neck, could a saddle be made with the wing protectors moved up higher? Poor girl needs something till her feathers come in properly.

I will get a picture of her tomorrow for you so you can see what I need protected and covered, if you are interested in a custom order. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  3. Louise's Country Closet

Feb 5, 2010
    Garrison, MN
    Sent you a PM. I'd love to do a custom order [​IMG]

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Ok well my girl is 7" long and almost 6" wide... and I love the #3 sample you sent me. Here are the pics. I did not get a pic of the top part of the wing but you can see the appearance of them in what the pics do you show clarly on the lower portion.

[​IMG]

Right wing

[​IMG]

Left wing

[​IMG]

So what do ya think?

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Thanks so much for making a saddle for Padma I will be sure to get a pic of her wearing it for you. [​IMG] We cannot wait to recive it.

6. Louise's Country Closet

Feb 5, 2010
    Garrison, MN
    You're welcome, hun! [​IMG] I sent it off right away this morning, hopefully it'll get there soon! I would LOVE a pic of her wearing it [​IMG] It's my favorite saddle so far, I loved it!

7. Engteacher

Engteacher Poultry, Poetry, and Prose

Sep 1, 2009
    Hastings, MN
    Our hens' backs feathers are sure getting torn up. Can you tell me how best to measure for saddles? I would love to order a bunch from you!

8. Louise's Country Closet

Feb 5, 2010
    Garrison, MN
    Hello! [​IMG] Measuring is pretty easy. It's just from the base of the neck, to the base of the tail. From there, you can pretty much guess which size you need.

http://louisescountrycloset.com/howto.html

My 'how to' with a few pictures so that you can get an idea [​IMG] If you need ANY help, feel free to ask!! I'm almost always here!

9. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    OMG that hen is hysterical. LOL she just threw herself down helpless did she? I had one sorta drop her butt and ran backwards for a bit and then in circles. Finally she gave up and walked away.

10. Louise's Country Closet

Feb 5, 2010
    Garrison, MN
    Yep! [​IMG] She only had it on one wing and just fell over, I thought something was wrong until I realized it was the side that had the saddle on LOL She did the same thing on the other side when we were done too. I'm waiting patiently to see one that runs backwards for me [​IMG] Gotta love those chickens!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by