Chicken Salad anyone?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Bleenie, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

The birds have been dying for greens so I finally cleaned out the fridge and got some veggies out of the garden for them. While I was putting it all in their treat box I was thinking, geeze, this looks better than anything i've had all day!!

They got a bunch of lettuce, shredded cabbage, fresh zuchini, 2 different yellow squash, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, eggplant and some leftover strawberries for dessert, can you say SPOILED? [​IMG]

I was watching them eat and noticed that all the EE's were eating was strawberries & tomatoes, but the Wyandottes went straight for the squashes, I had no idea they were such picky eaters! They were all really enjoying themselves so I wanted to share a few pictures. :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The ducklings were rather unimpressed with the spread, so much so that one even turned up his nose at me!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  2. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    What a gourmet treat - those snobby ducklings don't know what's good for 'em.

3. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha..... our chickens are that way, too. We don't have ducks, tho. =(

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Lucky chickens! Wow! What a spread!

5. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Overrun With Chickens

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    I"ve read in a few books where researchers say that chickens don't have a good sense of taste and I've always said Hog Wash. My girls have distinct favorites and clearly yours do too.

Awesome spread. My girls want to come over and party w/ your girls.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by