**Chicken sale??**

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Tripp16, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Ok well I have been driving past this house with A TON of bantams all over their yard..... [​IMG]

So I drove past it today on the way to work and see a sign "CHICKEN SALE" I have nothing to do tomorrow (being saturday) so I thought maybe I would go check it out....

Do you think I should? I havent actually gotten close enough to see if the chickens were in good health all I could see were that they were bantams. Should I not go in case of disceases?? Anyone have any reasons why not? Or what to look for?? [​IMG]

2. dirtsaver

dirtsaver Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2010
    Northern Kentucky
    Just the usual cautions. Be ready to sanatize your shoes and clothes before you go near your own flock. And if you're tempted into buying...... 30 days quarrantine!

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Quote:.... at the very least! If they don't look good, don't get a soft heart and try to rescue them. Best not to take anything home with you to your birds.

4. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:Well I WILL NOT buy anything that I think will harm my flock! Unless they are being abused. But nothing that is just going to die anyways and may even kill my flock....

P.S. Im a germ freak even with my chickens!! LOL [​IMG]

5. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:.... at the very least! If they don't look good, don't get a soft heart and try to rescue them. Best not to take anything home with you to your birds.

Thats exactly what Im planning on doing.....

I just dont know what I will see... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by