1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

chicken says coo coo..

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by smom1976, Aug 12, 2008.

1. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    ok my chickens are NUTS!

I let my polish out of the run during the day and then let the other girls out around 5 or so..

We have been dealing with a pecking problem.. nothing mean just wanting to pull out all the head feathers exposing their bulging brains.. (learned too much with that one) anyway..

we are having some rain today like something fierce. (good for the garden) but the polish were under the shed all nice and dry.. it starts raining hard..

what..

they all (but one) come out and stand just outside from under the shed getting poored on.

what the heck??? I dont get it..

and then as I type this my 1.5 yo son is playing ball with my 7 yo daughter using his mouth.. [​IMG]

maybe I should just join the nutty farm.. LOL It looks like a whole lot more fun.. [​IMG]

2. Love my Critters!

Love my Critters! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Carlsbad, NM
    With all my animals and my 4 year old daughter, I have many days like that. You are not alone. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. cherrychicken

cherrychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    my polish does that too! she's crazy instead of clucking, she randomly lets out a high pitched squeak! silly bird!

4. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    at first I thought she sounded like a turkey.. they do sound totally different.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by