Chicken scared and ran into woods

Seamus Lafferty

In the Brooder
Mar 7, 2022
I have some chickens and they accidentally got out so I tried to catch them and put them up but one of the younger ones thats fast eluded me for literal hours. I tried leaving it alone and waiting for it to wander by the coop but it kept eluding me when I came out. It finally got dark and it was roosting on coop roof and I got cocky thinking it was half asleep so I went to grab her and she flew off and eluded me and my dad again and ran into the forest on the side of our house. I went looking for her and although I know the general direction she went I still can't find her.

So my main question is will she come back to coop or not since it is dark now?? And what should I do? I have lost one chicken to some animal about a month ago and a neighbor saw a fox this morning in my neighborhood.

I have some chickens and they accidentally got out so I tried to catch them and put them up but one of the younger ones that's fast eluded me for literal hours. I tried leaving it alone and waiting for it to wander by the coop but it kept eluding me when I came out. It finally got dark and it was roosting on coop roof and I got cocky thinking it was half asleep so I went to grab her and she flew off and eluded me and my dad again and ran into the forest on the side of our house. I went looking for her and although I know the general direction she went I still can't find her.

So my main question is will she come back to coop or not since it is dark now?? And what should I do? I have lost one chicken to some animal about a month ago and a neighbor saw a fox this morning in my neighborhood.
Usually they come back to their coop because they know that that is a safe place. So what I would say is, don't try to put her in the coop. Just wait till morning and see if she is back, if she is then let her go in by herself

Back
Top Bottom