Chicken Scratch Poultry

What_TheDuck

Chirping
Apr 23, 2020
Central California
Hi. I've been looking for a good place online to buy female silkie pullets / female silkie chicks. In the past, we have gotten our silkies from local places, but they were pretty ratty, pretty sure it was due to too much interbreeding. I wanted to find a good place locally (in California) that sells good qaulity silkies (I love the poof), or other sexed bantams.

Here's the best website I've found so far; they're not local, they're in Illinois. Shipping should be 1-3 days. I wanted 2 crested and bearded silkies and a chocolate Orpington. I thought prices were fairly reasonable, considering they are pullets and all.

I need opinions on this site, or more importantly recommendations of Mid-West places where I can get some Silkie girls for my flock!

Hi. I've been looking for a good place online to buy female silkie pullets / female silkie chicks. In the past, we have gotten our silkies from local places, but they were pretty ratty, pretty sure it was due to too much interbreeding. I wanted to find a good place locally (in California) that sells good qaulity silkies (I love the poof), or other sexed bantams.

Here's the best website I've found so far; they're not local, they're in Illinois. Shipping should be 1-3 days. I wanted 2 crested and bearded silkies and a chocolate Orpington. I thought prices were fairly reasonable, considering they are pullets and all.

I need opinions on this site, or more importantly recommendations of Mid-West places where I can get some Silkie girls for my flock!
Hi, there! Sorry it's taken so long for you to get a response!

My Pet Chicken is the only hatchery I know of that sells sexed Silkies. I don't even know of breeders who do. They are pricey and not show quality, but just fine for backyard flocks. They sell out fast, though. You should check them out!

Did you end up ordering/getting your birds from Chicken Scratch? I ordered hatching eggs from them that are currently in the incubator, wondering what their older birds look like.
The folks who own the place are very nice and very responsive to communication anyway. 😊

Did you end up ordering/getting your birds from Chicken Scratch? I ordered hatching eggs from them that are currently in the incubator, wondering what their older birds look like.
The folks who own the place are very nice and very responsive to communication anyway. 😊
I have not yet... I think that I have found a better place than them; more local and better reviews. What kind of eggs did you get?

Back
Top Bottom