Chicken showing/how to bath a chicken

Have you seen this article?
Bathing Silkies: How To Keep Them Bright & Fluffy!

Bathing Silkies: How To Keep Them Bright & Fluffy! Do you have a Silkie that's looking grubby? Maybe you think your Silkie looks 'flat' rather than the typical poofy fluff ball they used to be? Or maybe you are wanting your Silkie to look it's best for an upcoming show or event...

Have you seen this article?

Bathing Silkies: How To Keep Them Bright & Fluffy! Do you have a Silkie that's looking grubby? Maybe you think your Silkie looks 'flat' rather than the typical poofy fluff ball they used to be? Or maybe you are wanting your Silkie to look it's best for an upcoming show or event...
No but, thanks for the info. I am trying to wash Wyandottes and Easter eggers, so I didn’t know if you need to wash silkies and Wyandottes different because of the different feather textures .

Use a bucket for washing and rinsing. I lather baby shampoo or cat mite/tick shampoo on the vent and go with the feathers for the rest of the body. Then put the bird into rinse water. Wrap it in a towel and scrub the legs with a wet toothbrush for dirt. Clip the beak, spurs, and toenails and put Vaseline on the legs and face. Do this a few days before the show so they can regain their natural oils and let them airdry in the sun if possible.

Use a bucket for washing and rinsing. I lather baby shampoo or cat mite/tick shampoo on the vent and go with the feathers for the rest of the body. Then put the bird into rinse water. Wrap it in a towel and scrub the legs with a wet toothbrush for dirt. Clip the beak, spurs, and toenails and put Vaseline on the legs and face. Do this a few days before the show so they can regain their natural oils and let them airdry in the sun if possible.
Thank you so much! So can I just keep them free ranging like normal , or should I keep them in a grass( not muddy ) run.

I do the same here

Back
Top Bottom