Chicken shows and pic's

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by crazyhen, Oct 5, 2008.

1. crazyhen

crazyhen Overrun With Chickens

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    Hi everyone,
    I keep hearing about all these chicken shows and my eyes water. Oh! how I would like to go. We have a very real gas shortage and really I am not up to travelling so far either. Why don't some of you who do go take some pic's of these beauties for all of us to enjoy?
    It would be a real treat for the ones who can't go. Pic's of all kinds of beautiful hens and roosters. Jean

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    The AZ state fair promises chicken entries from youth in a couple of weeks. I'll see what I can do.

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    We just went to one yesterday and I FORGOT My camera! I was so mad. I could of had a bunch. We seen the biggest chickens ever at this show! OMGOSH I thought my cochins were big. WOW these were mid thigh height! And same with one of the barred rock roos. It was my first show and I would sure recommend going to one. I really thought it would smell more than it did to but I didn't notice any foul smells. Next time I go to a show I will be sure to remember my camera.

4. crazyhen

crazyhen Overrun With Chickens

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    Oh those pic's would be something. I am sorry you forgot your camera hanging with my peeps, Mahonri it would be great to have some pics. I am just starting out on my chicken journey. My hb says I have gone crazy, aka the crazy hen moniker. lol, I have two young brahma hens 4 or 5 months old and have ordered some bo's. Thanks Jean

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by