Chicken shows in California?

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by australorp_breeder, Jan 20, 2010.

1. australorp_breeder

australorp_breeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    California
    I was wondering if anyone could please tell me of any chicken shows or fair they know of that will be going on in CA this year? I know there's a show in Stockton towards the end of the month, and in Fresno next month.

2. Bravo

Bravo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    CA
    I would be interested too. If you hear of one will you keep me updated?

Also, not sure where in CA you are but I might have a JG roo. They are still chicks but time will tell. If you are interested send me a PM.

3. Rosecomb-Ryan

Rosecomb-Ryan East Indie Crazed

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    There is many shows around here I dont know where you are located. Some are allready over.

Youth Shows: Angels Camp, Grass Valley (Sometimes), Auburn, then the county fairs around and the State fair.

Open and Youth: Hollister, Bakersfield, Stockton, Fresno, Erueka

There is more I just have to think.. Lol when they come along I can USUALLY get info on them...

4. poltroon

poltroon Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2008
    California (North Coast)
  5. australorp_breeder

Sep 29, 2009
    California
    Thank you!

6. HarmonyOaks

HarmonyOaks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2010
    Calaveras County
    Hi Ya'll.

The next California shows are in Eureka at the Redwood Acres Fairgrounds on Feb 13 &14. Search internet for Humboldt Poultry Fanciers. They had premium lists available in Stockton last weekend, but svs I didnt grab one.

After that, there is a show in Fresno on February 20th. I did get the premium book for that one, so if you need information, I can help you out. Coop-in and banquet is Friday night, show is on Saturday. It is a one day gig. You can send me a PM for specifics, as I don't check the forum pages every day, and the closing date for entries is coming quickly.[​IMG]

7. poltroon

Feb 28, 2008
    California (North Coast)
    My daughter and I went to the Cloverdale Citrus Fair yesterday (Sonoma County), and the all-junior APA show had 69 kids and 196 birds entered. I was pleasantly surprised to see such a large turnout.

8. australorp_breeder

Sep 29, 2009
    California
    Thank you again everyone! Does anyone know any upcoming shows aside from the one on the 20th?

9. poltroon

Feb 28, 2008
    California (North Coast)
    Bakersfield March 6-7, includes the ABA semi-annual meet, at the Kern County fairgrounds.

10. australorp_breeder

Sep 29, 2009
    California
    Ohh! Thank you very much!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by