Chicken Shows in NC Piedmont area

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by swimmom, Jun 21, 2009.

1. swimmom

swimmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2009
    Carolinas
    I'm enjoying my chickens so much, I thought it might be fun to go to a chicken show. Are there any good ones in NC Piedmont area or northern SC?

2. nancymiller

nancymiller Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2009
    Western NC
    hi there , I live in Iredell county and would love to know that as well.I searched the internet and shows in the past came up but nothing current. If you are able to find some, please post ......and thanks ![​IMG]

3. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    There's one in Salisbury, NC the first weekend of November. And another, usually the last weekend of march I believe.

4. swimmom

swimmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2009
    Carolinas
    Great! How can I get more information about this show?

5. tplummer

tplummer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2009
    Salisbury, NC
    There is a chicken sale, not show, in Richfield, NC every 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month. The next one will be, I believe, the 18th of July as they are taking the 4th off. Usually there is a show in Salisbury, NC the middle of March at the Rowan Co. Fairgrounds, one the end of March at the Dixie Classic Fairgrounds and one in Greensboro the next weekend. There is also one in Salisbury again in November.

6. purplefrog

purplefrog Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Independence, Virginia
  7. THough1956

THough1956 Chillin' With My Peeps

The poultry Club that I belong to Forsyth Fowl Fanciers has a show the Saturday after Thanksgiving Nov28.

We are also looking for new members!!!! We meet the 3rd Monday every month.[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  8. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:The Salisbury show is my favorite! Easy to find, plenty of parking, big building.

9. THough1956

THough1956 Chillin' With My Peeps

FYI- The Salisbury fall show is Old English only!!! Glad I found this out before I carried all my silkies there!!

[​IMG]

10. Sheilal

Sheilal New Egg

Oct 5, 2013
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING CALENDAR

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by