Chicken shows?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KDOGG331, Jan 7, 2015.

1. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 Chicken Obsessed

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I decided I'd watch Netflix today since I'm still sick so I looked to see if there was anything on chickens and there really wasn't but there was one show so I decided to watch it.

It's like a documentary type thing and so far it's pretty good.

The beginning's kinda cheesy/a little staged but it gets better, I'm like 14 minutes into it right now and it's just under an hour.

It talks about a lot of different stuff and interviews/talks to owners, etc. The info I've seen so far seems pretty accurate too

I don't know, I'm sure it's not the -greatest- movie out there but it's pretty good and I'm sure a good "rainy day" thing to watch xD

It's called The Natural History of the Chicken, if anybody wants to watch it, although I just searched "chicken" and it came right up.

Maybe some experienced chicken keepers could watch it and let me know how accurate or cheesy or non-cheesy it really is xD

If nothing else, it's a good way to desensitize my dog to chicken noises for an hour lol

He was interested at first but is basically indifferent now

Anyways, the reason the title is "chicken shows?" instead of just the movie title, is because I'm wondering if there are any other movies/videos/whatever about chickens? Whether on Netflix or elsewhere. I know YouTube has a lot of good information and I've definitely watched a lot of videos on varying subjects and both long videos and short clips but the longest I've seen is only like 8-15 or 20 minutes, looking for something hopefully a bit longer right now.

But yeah.

It's interesting and definitely entertainment at least

2. KDOGG331

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I should note, now that I'm further into it, that there's not really that much "history" and parts of it are really weird and out there but it's still pretty good aha

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  3. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Oh gosh, that movie was crazy. :lol: Lots of nutty interviewees, if I recall correctly.
    Chicken Run from Dreamworks was fun, if you're into animated films at all. Its funny and very entertaining.

4. KDOGG331

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Yesssss!!! So many!!!! That one woman with the Silkie thing was the nuttest though, IMO [​IMG]

That sounds good, I can't remember if I've ever seen it or not but I probably have a while ago; it sounds familiar. I'll definitely try it though :D

5. Princess Amri

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    The pet communicator that talked to the chicken about being dead was pretty funny. Lights at the ends of tunnels and stuff. :p

6. KDOGG331

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Right!? I almost believed it for a second then I was like.. "wait a second... this is dumb" LOL

7. Princess Amri

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Didn't the chicken say she was an egg again too or something? I need to see that documentary again.

8. KDOGG331

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I don't think so, I think it was some really detailed thing. Like at first, I was like "okay this could possibly be real"/this is interesting because I didn't wanna be rude & was trying to give them a chance LOL so when it started out simple like "yes I did" (about seeing the light), i was like "okay, thats cool" then it KEPT GOING into way too much detail like "yes I did and I was almost at the light and then I stopped and something told me I had to go back and then I realized that my purpose here on the farm wasn't just laying eggs, it was to show that with a little love and compassion (or caring, something like that), miracles can happen" and I was like, okay, that's nice, that can happen, but... CHICKENS WOULDNT TALK THAT MUCH! XD LOL sorry for the caps but that's when I was just kinda like ".......oh really?" I don't care how smart chickens, or any animals, are; they don't talk to you (at least that I'm aware of, there's so much we don't know) and if they DID, they wouldn't say some big huge long drawn out thing like that lmfao xD

I feel like even if that stuff is/was real, all the shows about it are blatantly fake. Kinda sad cause if it, or anything else, was real, nobody would believe it because of all the crazies lol

You definitely need to!!! It's entertaining for sure.

It's so weird though because a few parts are factual and pretty good and then it just goes off the deep end again. XD and like what is with that chicken truck and the wonky music? it even scared my dog hahahaha

Do you remember the part with all the PO'd neighbors that thought the other neighbor was cockfighting? lol

9. KDOGG331

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I don't know how, or why, I remembered that whole thing hahaha

10. Princess Amri

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Oh gosh, that's hilarious.

I remember not liking the people on either side of that rooster debate; the guy wad convinced he was the victim and not doing anything wrong, and the neighbors were all angry city slickers. It was hard to sympathize with anyone. :p

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by