fudgethechicken

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 20, 2014
So one of my teenage chicks was trying to escape the coop as my sister was leaving and got herself shut in the door...at first we thought she had a broken neck and wasn't going to make it but she then was able to move just fine so we threw out that idea. However, there was a lot of blood around the eye and ear on one side of her face and I cleaned that all up, but I cant find a source. I thought she maybe lost an eye because there was a big ole clump of jello-y red amongst the blood and I took some clot out of the eye but I also know that that is just how chicken blood is sometimes. So I am not really sure how to move forward with my chickie's injuries and will take any advice anyone has. she can open her uninjured eye but not the injured one, there is definitely some swelling around there too. not sure about any bone breakage. she will drink water, haven't tried food yet, and she has pooped so her systems seem to be working. she reacts when touched, but her good eye is really dilated which I know in people is a sign of a brain bleed....please help!

I will not give up on this chicken until it is seriously the end.

Attachments

• Chicken Injury.jpg
    Chicken Injury.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Chicken Injury 2.jpg
    Chicken Injury 2.jpg
    495.3 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom