Chicken Snake question

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by UNCLEG, Sep 8, 2008.

1. UNCLEG

UNCLEG Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2007
    recently had another chicken snake attack. I have killed 5 large ones this summer apparently there are more. Anyway it ate all the fertile eggs one of my broodies was sitting on plus 1 GOLF BALL.

Do you reckon the golf ball will kill it or will it be able to regurgitate it???

Thanx,

G

2. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    We had a chicken snake too. We filled white easter eggs with sand and a few days later the snake ate it. My husband found him under the nest boxes and he was a little slower. I don't think he was feeling very good. He had a huge bulge in the middle of him where that egg was. I do think that golf ball will eventually kill it.

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    The golfball should be the snake's demise.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  4. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    O K I just woke my old man up to ask him the answer to this question. He is a expert on snake's with more than 40 year's experience. The snake is going to die. The snake felt the heat from the hen is why it ate the golfball. We have heard of a snake owner changing a light bulb used for a heat source laying the bulb in the cage and after returning with a new light bulb the snake had eaten the light bulb. Surgery saved that snake.

5. UNCLEG

UNCLEG Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2007
    Excellent, I love it when a plan comes together.

Thanx,

G

6. Dustoff79

Dustoff79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    Just another reason why the DW should let you golf. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  7. mistylady

mistylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Ohio near Coshocton
    I'm sorry you lost your eggs hon. I'm glad the snake ate the golf ball! Just wish he would have eaten it first and then gone away to digest.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by