Chicken sneeze

Satan0207

Chirping
Jul 19, 2016
evening all, I heard what I thought was a sneeze from my chickens but all the sneeze videos sound like a dogs squeaky toy almost
Mine sound like someone breathing out quickly through there nose
Are mine sneezing ? Is that normal ? Can't say I've noticed it before now I'm a bit paranoid
Cheers

It can be common to hear a sneeze occasionally, especially at feeding times from dust. Sometimes a piece of food can get caught in the airway and cause stridor, a high pitched noise with breathing in and out. Can you post a video either here or on YouTube with a link of the noise you are hearing.

Thanks for your reply, when I found a vet that would look at them I booked them in for later today. Hope I'm just being over cautious
It would be hard to catch the noise as it only happens occasionally and it's only the once
I'll let you know what the vet says later
1f44d.png

I got home to 1 of my chucks sleeping she looked sorry for herself so I took her to the vets expecting the worst, apparently chickens do make the noise I heard and as long as it's not constant or the breathing sounds weird it's fine. My chuck had a temperature he'd a injection to perk her up, got her back home she's fine now
I've to worm them again to be sure as she is a little under weight
Think I was just paranoid and the more you read the more you read into things
think the vet said if they're laying there not too badly
But that was a worrying evening for me
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom