chicken sneezes and closes eyes like asleep

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by cofast, Sep 16, 2012.

1. cofast

cofast Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2011
    my molly girl is the top chicken but she has started sneezing and actin like she is going to sleep eyes closed and it is during the day everything else seems to be fine whats up she is about three to four years old keeps all other hens in place

2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Welcome to BYC.......
    It sounds like your girl may have gotten a respitory illness or is having a reaction to dust etc...if you don't think it to be dust... You can get Tylan 50 cattle injectable med and either dribble about 1/2 cc if she is a full size not bantam hen, in her beak. It works best if you inject it under the loose skin..but not everyone is comfortable with that. Do this twice a day for 3-4 days and you should see an improvement. If another chicken comes down with it... You may want to research respitory illness in chickens ...

3. ChickadeeRanch

ChickadeeRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2012
    Don't worry they do that alot - they just sit their in the sun and relax!

4. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Ummm....no, healthy chickens do not sneeze a lot or act lethargic. When out in the sun they will sleep and relax....not the same thing.

5. ChickadeeRanch

ChickadeeRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2012
    I know it's not regular for them to sneeze I was saying that they enjoy soaking up the sun

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by