CHICKEN SNEEZING or coughing or choking

bwebb7

Songster
11 Years
Aug 16, 2008
Brooksville, Fl
My 5 month old hen started sneezing (?) 2 days ago. I first thought she was choking and then I saw her and it looks like a sneeze or cough. I don't get a whole lot of time back there since Wed-as I went back to work but it was that evening.
I dumped the water in the coop and put a pan of water that I dissolved antibx in.
Is this O.K.?

Last edited:
* Is there any discharge fluid or mucus in her nostrils? Any wheezing or other respiratory symtoms? I made the mistake of buying crumbles this last time, and there's a lot of feed 'dust'. My hen sometimes sneezes just from getting a snoot full of that.

Is she doing it alot or just every once in a while?
Mine sneeze whenever they eat a certain kind of mash food that we bought so we stopped buying it.

no discharge, no mucous, no congestion...
I have always fed crumbles but, I did notice this time that it was dustier than ever before-it's the first time I got Layer crumbles.
She is kept with my May 16 hatchlings that Ive always had on starter and since she started laying I switched them all over to layer.
The only time I've been out there is feeding time:( and with all the rain T.S. Faye is dumping on us that's kind of a quick trip too.
So a couple of days ago I noticed her sneezing every 2 min's and I got worried so I immediatley took the waterer out and filled a pan with water that I dissolved Terramycin in and came in and posted-this is the 3rd day on meds and I'll update on wether or not she is still sneezing.
How long do you medicate?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom