Chicken Sneezing - Why?

countyroad1330

Thunder Snow 2009!
13 Years
Oct 15, 2007
Oklahoma!
My four month old Light Brahma banty has been sneezing for almost two weeks now. Its just a little sneeze that sounds more like a hiccup, and there's no snot. That is her only symptom. Should I be concerned? Do I need to bring her inside? Its been VERY cold here lately.

I would just watch her.
Make sure you keep the coop clean and dry in this nasty weather.
Wash the waterer really good and everytime you fill it with fresh water make sur you add one table spoon apple cider vinigar.
Vinigar will kill germs in the water and help from letting any germs from spreadng to the others.

Last edited:
Does it have to be apple cider or can it be regular vinegar .....sorry to butt in on you thread countryroad1330 .
hu.gif

Yes one table spoon per gallon.

It does not have to be exact it is not medication.

For the small one quart jars I add 1 teaspoon or one capful from the small jar of vinigar

We have very hard well water, and use white vinegar in the dishwasher's rinse cycle to prevent spotting.

Thanks for the tip Fluffnstuff! As soon as our freeze went away I got the Apple Cider Vinegar in everyone's water. And maybe its just ironic, but she has quit sneezing! I was wondering, is it ok to put that in their water all the time?

Yes - I use it 80% of the time unless I am in a hurry.
I also leave it out if for some reason I am putting something else in the wateres.
V&E or a liquid wormer.

PS I am glad she stoped sneezing.

Back
Top Bottom