Chicken Soup for the Poultry Lovers Soul

Hotwings

Songster
12 Years
Jan 27, 2007
southwestern Michigan
I have been reading alot of different stories here lately and I thought it would great if we could have a special thread devoted solely for these. So I thought if anyone had a story about a special bird in their life(includes all birds, not just chickens). or maybe you had a hadicap bird, or just stories of your past or just how you feel about our feathered friends. I would greatly like to hear them. I don't have alot of personal expierence with poultry to have many stories yet, but I would truly love hearing yours.

Very nice story TJ. I really enjoy reading all the stories. I don't know how "chicken soup for the soul" this story is, but it sure gave me alot of relief seeing it firsthand.

This happened just a few weeks ago. All the chickens were in the coop and I was just hanging out watching them as I lke to do. Two of the bantams started having a little fight, and Jack, my rooster let them run into each other one time. They went and did it again and he just put himself right in the middle of them and they just stopped bickering and got along.

It was such a relief to see how gently he made his point and how quickly they listened to him. What a man!!

good story tj and freebie my story is when i had a broody hen with a lone chick and when she went to dust bath the chick followed and attempted to dust bath but after a couple minutes the chick got sucked under the mom for about five seconds and then i hear the extremly loud chirp and i see the chick fly out of the moms feathers with a bunch of dirt! all i could do is laugh and watch the chick start dust bathing agian but this time about two feet away from the mom.lol he is know full grow but he still always dust baths about three feet away from his mom:D

Back
Top Bottom