Chicken Stories Wanted

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Mrs. Graham, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Mrs. Graham

Mrs. Graham New Egg

May 12, 2009
    Hello, all~ I'm putting a book together of true, heartwarming chicken stories (Think "Chicken Soup for the Chicken Lover's Soul), and I would love any contributions, as well as photos of your chicken. Please share if you have something that would fit the following categories: "Eggs and chicks", pullets, proud mamas, crazy roosters, close calls (near death experiences), "chickens who think they're human", and "gone but not forgotten". I will try to include all stories, although some editing may have to occur. [​IMG]

I'm looking forward to your input!

~Marqueta

2. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    Would you take my story? I don't have chickens, but I've come close before. It's pretty interesting [​IMG]

3. TechnoCat

TechnoCat Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2011
    Wherever Angel is~
    Dark. Cold. Scary. It was bouncy and I was very afraid. Even with my three sisters huddled around me, I was still cold. Suddenly, there was a gizzard wrenching sound. And light peeped through the circles in the dark brown thing. Then, something brought us upward, and we were left bouncing around for a few moments. Then all was still. All of us starting peeping in confusion.
    “Orpington?” One of my sisters asked.
    “Yeah, Australorpe?” I blinked, and saw her black fuzz through the circular holes in the brown thing.
    “What’s happening?”
    “I-I don’t know. Do you know Orpington 2?” I turned to the other Orpington. She stopped coughing. She was identical to me, light yellow feathers. So we called her Orpington 2.
    “No. Australorpe 2, do you know?” Orpington 2 turned, and coughed again.
    “I wish I did.” Australorpe 2 cheeped.
    “Well, while we’re waiting for…whatever we’re waiting for, let’s name ourselves!” I suggested. Three chick heads turned to me.
    “Um…I want to be Lily!” Orpington 2 smiled.
    “I’ll be Golden Feather!” I cried.
    “I’ll be…Rosie!” Australorpe peeped.
    “My name’s Serenia.” Australorpe 2 said. And then we all slept.

But we didn’t sleep long. The bouncing started again. And then we were thrust to the left. Then more bouncing, and then some kind of machine started.

if you want continuous chapters that I will write come to my post on this story

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  4. Mrs. Graham

Mrs. Graham New Egg

May 12, 2009
    That's a great story, Singing Chicken Momma! I was looking for stories that were about real chickens, but I think you should really publish yours! You could self-publish them on a place like Lulu.com, where they do publish on demand books.

5. Mrs. Graham

Mrs. Graham New Egg

May 12, 2009
    Hi Birdies! I'd love to use your story, as long as it's about a real chicken! [​IMG]

6. TechnoCat

TechnoCat Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2011
    Wherever Angel is~
    Mrs. Graham :

That's a great story, Singing Chicken Momma! I was looking for stories that were about real chickens, but I think you should really publish yours! You could self-publish them on a place like Lulu.com, where they do publish on demand books.

my story is about real chickens-my chickens! lol!​

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I have some on here from about a year ago...don't know how to bring them up though. Computers don't like me. [​IMG]

8. Mrs. Graham

Mrs. Graham New Egg

May 12, 2009
    I beg your pardon; I thought it was Chick Fiction! [​IMG] Love, Marqueta

9. Mrs. Graham

Mrs. Graham New Egg

May 12, 2009
    Here's an example of the kind of story I'm seeking~

Gone, But Not Forgotten

“Rudy”

The first chicken I owned when I grew up was a black Cochin named Rudy. I traded a couple of guinea pigs for him at the pet store, where he had been living in a birdcage. He was a very sweet boy, and we loved having him for just a few days. We found out that roosters were not allowed in the town in which we lived, and had to find a new home for him until we could move to the country.

My mother called up her friends who lived in the country, and they offered to keep him for us temporally. I had morning sickness until we moved, so I was not able to visit Rudy. When we had moved, I called to see if we could pick Rudy up, and was informed that he had been given to someone else.

It is needless to say that I was very sad at this news. I asked my mother’s friends the name of his new owners, then called and tried to get him back. I was told that his owners were too attached to him to give him up, so I never saw him again. This was a real lesson for me to make sure of the local laws, and to not assume that chickens are welcome just because they are sold in town.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by