Chicken suddenly lethargic with droopy comb?

eggbert22

Hatching
Aug 25, 2022
To preface, I will also be calling a vet in the morning. That being said, one of my chickens (who is usually very healthy looking) has a suddenly droopy looking comb, and seems less energetic than usual. She's about 5 years old. Im nervous because another one of our chickens died last month due to a prolapsed vent (Im assuming), and was similarly lethargic before she died.

To preface, I will also be calling a vet in the morning. That being said, one of my chickens (who is usually very healthy looking) has a suddenly droopy looking comb, and seems less energetic than usual. She's about 5 years old. Im nervous because another one of our chickens died last month due to a prolapsed vent (Im assuming), and was similarly lethargic before she died.
Is her comb pale? Maybe give her some electrolytes in some water or sugar water. Give her some egg yolk if you can. Nutridrench wouldn’t hurt either. Is she eating and drinking normally still? I would call the vet when you can as you have said .

Is her comb pale? Maybe give her some electrolytes in some water or sugar water. Give her some egg yolk if you can. Nutridrench wouldn’t hurt either. Is she eating and drinking normally still? I would call the vet when you can as you have said .
Her comb is a little pale, not extremely but definitely not as vibrant as usual. I will do that, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom