Chicken supplies (online)

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by hsm5grls, Dec 31, 2007.

1. hsm5grls

hsm5grls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    What is your favorite source online for chicken supplies? I am looking for D.E. , incubator, and a source for meds. like antibiotics and such to build up my chicken first aide kit. The feed stores around here suck so my best bet is online. Any suggestions?

2. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
  3. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
  4. Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies

Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    NY
  5. hsm5grls

hsm5grls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    No tractor supply here [​IMG] only a crummy stinky feed store that sold me chicken scratch with bugs in it. So online it must be. I get chicken food from walmart but the other stuff has to be online. thank you for the sites I am gonna check them out right now.

6. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Wow, the Walmart in your area carries chicken food? That would make life easier. I have to drive over 30 miles away (Rural King) to get the cheapest chicken food. They sell scratch & oyster shell, bales of wood shavings but not grit, DE, and hardly any emergency supplies. It's frustrating! There is a small feed store in my area that carries a few chicken supplies. The chicken food there is about 4 $$$ more, but they do carry the grit. I've got to order the DE online also. Thanks for starting this thread.

7. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    If you're looking for a simple Hovabator, Jeffer's has the best price (and free shipping!) online. That's where I got mine...I got a circulated air one but w/no turner for about $70-ish. I think it would have been in the $100 range with the automatic turner. I did a lot of research online before I bought mine, and unless you find a deal on eBay I think Jeffers is about as good as it's going to get.

I don't believe they carry DE. But they may have most of the other stuff you need, I think they carry a lot of meds. And you can't beat their customer service...I bought a $300 pair of heavy duty electric clippers to body clip my horses, and they blew up the first time I used them. I thought it would be a huge hassle to return them, figured they'd probably make me deal directly with Oster. Nope, I called and got a REAL person when I called, on a Sunday no less, and had a new pair on my doorstep 3 days later.

Anyway, I really like Jeffers for online supplies when I can't get things locally. But I'm lucky to have a good, independently owned feed store in my area and I of course support them whenever I can.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by