1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken supplies online???

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Half-a-dozen, May 30, 2007.

1. Half-a-dozen

Half-a-dozen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2007
    NJ
    Hi everyone-
    Does anyone happen to have a good web sites where one can get supplies???
    I went to my local farm store today to find DE and some different types of feeders etc.. and they did not have any. [​IMG]

2. LilyRoseDaisy

LilyRoseDaisy Out Of The Brooder

May 29, 2007
    Sunny Arizona
    try this one-
    www.mcmurrayhatchery.com
    They are a great hatchery with tons of supplies! Good luck! You'll love your chickies!!!

3. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
    There are dozens...

Just google "poultry supplies". I've ordered stuff from Cutler Supply.

4. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    I have ordered from Jeffers and Cutler both. Very good service from them. Also on eggbid there is a section on poultry supplies. There are some good deals there as well.

5. Robot Chicken

Robot Chicken New Egg

May 31, 2007
    Quote:I got my Diatomaceous Earth from a garden shop.Just look for some that says all natural or food grade on the back of the bag.Almost any garden shop that sells plants and fertilizer and pesticides should have it.As for a water system,I got an Auto Wata that keeps them watered without the work.It looks like this and it is for dogs and other pets.I got it at my local pet store.[​IMG]
    As for a feeder,I work with metal and lasers so I laser cut one and welded it together.It holds 100lbs of feed and gravity brings it down to the troff on the bottom.It could be easily made out of wood though.

6. Half-a-dozen

Half-a-dozen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2007
    NJ
    Thanks for the info, very helpful everyone!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by