Chicken Swap (Columbia County, NY)

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by ghostwolf, May 27, 2012.

1. ghostwolf

ghostwolf Chirping

Mar 31, 2011
    East Chatham, NY
    We are posting this because we recently had an egg swap and we wanted to set up a chicken/small animal sale and swap. We are looking to see who would come and with what and to set up a date. We would like to do it in Hudson at the Tractor Supply and need feed back. Want to make this a big turn out and would love to meet more BYC members. So please spread the word and send us plenty of feed back so we can get this rolling. We were thinking in August before the Chatham Fair. Feel free to email us at [email protected] or PM us through here.

Categories looking to have:

Chickens
    Ducks
    Rabbits

Crafts
    Hatching Eggs

Turkeys and other Fowl

Thank you,
    ~Peggy and Judy~

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  2. JerseyHen

JerseyHen Songster

Feb 10, 2011
    Sussex County, NJ
    Have you posted a link to this on the NY thread and southern NY thread? Maybe the vermont and mass threads as well? Just wondering. I am out of town or I would make the drive up.

3. ghostwolf

ghostwolf Chirping

Mar 31, 2011
    East Chatham, NY
    Right now we are keeping it local, Columbia and Greene Counties. I am looking to see what kind of turn out before we think of doing this in other areas.

4. peppe23

peppe23 In the Brooder

Jun 12, 2012
    Hi,

My husband and I are in Greene County - we are new to chicken farming, but we do have two white silkie bantam roosters that we would love to swap for egg laying hens. Our roosters are about 12 weeks old.

Please let me know if there is more information on the Chicken Swap.

Thank you
    Stephanie

5. ghostwolf

ghostwolf Chirping

Mar 31, 2011
    East Chatham, NY
    We are hoping to have more for this and if you want to bring them that would be great. If you know anyone else that wants to come the more the merrier. [​IMG]

6. SundownFarm

SundownFarm Hatching

Jun 25, 2012
    My fiance and I live in Ulster County but would be willing to make the drive since we're not too far (only about an hour and a half away). We have a couple of red Orpington roosters we would love to trade for egg-laying hens.

7. In His Service

In His Service Wise Men Still Seek Him

Apr 25, 2010
    Catskills
    I would definitely try to come if it was on a Saturday. If on a Sunday, I wouldn't be able to come until afternoon. When is the Chatham Co fair?

I might be able to bring some coturnix quail, either eggs or birds. Possibly some Buff Orp, silkie, Amer/Araucana, EE/barnyard mix eggs too.

8. ghostwolf

ghostwolf Chirping

Mar 31, 2011
    East Chatham, NY
    The Chatham fair is from 8/29-9/3. We are hoping to have it maybe the weekend before, so are looking for as much feed back as possible. So if you guys can put the word out would love to have variety, so we have something for all. Dates would be appreciated.:D

9. peppe23

peppe23 In the Brooder

Jun 12, 2012
    Unfortunately, August 18-25 my husband and I are going to be out of town. Keep me posted on dates. Thank you

10. ghostwolf

ghostwolf Chirping

Mar 31, 2011
    East Chatham, NY
    We are looking to do this on a Saturday. Ideas on a date would be good. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: