Chicken Swap & Farm Fest, Sunday, August 30, 12-4, TSC Augusta, Maine

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by free(range)bird, Aug 8, 2009.

1. free(range)bird

free(range)bird In the Brooder

Aug 4, 2009
    Chicken Swap and Farm Fest at Tractor Supply Company in Augusta, Maine
    420 Civic Center Drive (207) 621-2800 Sunday, August 30, 12-4
    Inviting vendors of any farm related produce, animals, food, music and of course lots of POULTRY!
    Please email me if you'd like to participate so we can advertise successfully and have a handle on the turn-out.
    Chicken selling rules apply: under 8 wks must be sold by the half dozen. Out of state chickens must be NPIP tested
    Buy for resale, must have dealers license
    questions? 207 621-2800

Hope to see you there!

2. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    too bad this wasn't in the morning with the heat.

3. free(range)bird

Aug 4, 2009
    good point - but hopefully it will turn out to be a perfect day as the last two have been - sunny, yet not too hot.
    Will you be able to attend?[​IMG]

4. spook

spook Songster

Apr 21, 2008
    North Central Florida
    Well if this weekend is any sign of how the next few weekends could go it'll be perfect! DH and I plan on attending, if we have extra information that Bill Morrison and extension service has given me, I'll bring them with for your event!
    Kel

5. free(range)bird

Aug 4, 2009
    Great Kel - thanks!!
    Looking forward to meeting you there!

6. JenEric Farms

JenEric Farms GOOGLE GENIUS

Oct 31, 2007
    Maine
    I think we'll come to this one as well. YEAH!!!

7. blueseal

blueseal Songster

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    im looking for a delaware rooster. if anyone has one or can bring one to this event. let me know thanks .

8. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    it's close, I may have to drag my weekend guest with me. All I have left are cockerals (blue laced red and one gold laced wyandotte) and one mature blrw rooster(maybe).
    the frizzles won't be old enough to go and I'm not sure if I will know what I'm keeping vs selling at that point. I will however take a list if anyone is interested. they are bantam cochin frizzles- straight feathers or frizzled males. colors still unknown maybe some barred.

9. spook

spook Songster

Apr 21, 2008
    North Central Florida
    Quote:I will advertise this at our event, also I'll give note of what you want, what Hoppy has and see what we can do for the two of you.
    Can I use your email address' for the contact sheets?

I'd like to offer some of these with the NH folks, well Chickn, she is a sweetheart and it is a positive thing to include. When we speak about laws and legal issues, its for recognition, working within those boundries, yet there are loop holes to work through when it comes to shows and such. State the laws and then its your responsibility to follow or ignore such guidelines.

BTW- some of that information that is from Bill is extremely interesting. Not only that, quite a bit was written by Mark Opitz, he was the head of the state diagnostic lab a few years back. Super nice guy- obviously intellegent, but the papers he wrote are in laymans terms for everyone to understand.

10. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    Quote:I will advertise this at our event, also I'll give note of what you want, what Hoppy has and see what we can do for the two of you.
    Can I use your email address' for the contact sheets?

I'd like to offer some of these with the NH folks, well Chickn, she is a sweetheart and it is a positive thing to include. When we speak about laws and legal issues, its for recognition, working within those boundries, yet there are loop holes to work through when it comes to shows and such. State the laws and then its your responsibility to follow or ignore such guidelines.

BTW- some of that information that is from Bill is extremely interesting. Not only that, quite a bit was written by Mark Opitz, he was the head of the state diagnostic lab a few years back. Super nice guy- obviously intellegent, but the papers he wrote are in laymans terms for everyone to understand.

yes spook, you can use my email address for a contact.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: