1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Chicken Tales

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickentales, May 26, 2010.

1. chickentales

chickentales In the Brooder

Apr 30, 2010
    Arizona

2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Chicktales: Love your site! [​IMG]
    I Love the story about the chickens trying to eat your skin!!! LOL Don't ever fall down .. ya hear!!! LOL [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. chickentales

Apr 30, 2010
    Arizona
    You have no idea how many times I think about it! ha

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:Ha ha!!! LOL [​IMG]
    How offten do you update it? Ya know add more storys etc?

5. chickensnax

chickensnax In the Brooder

Nov 24, 2009
    south Texas
    I love your tales, you write in a very relatable way and I found myself laughing many times, especially when some of your experiences sound like my husband and I (p.s. he's also gotten a red neck from many hours in the sun). Many weekends I hear him complaining to himself about the amounts of poo that is everywhere. If only you could teach them to go in one area like a chickenbox.

please keep us updated on new post that you make.

6. chickentales

Apr 30, 2010
    Arizona
    I try to update every day. Sometimes I'll tell stories from my silly life that aren't chicken related but chickens are my life at the moment. It's a full time job!

7. chickentales

Apr 30, 2010
    Arizona
    My grandfather was a cotton farmer and one of my fondest memories was of him sitting in his chair after a long day in the fields napping. He had the farmer tan... red neck, tan halfway up his arms and a line on his forehead from where his hat was. Rednecks are wonderful. [​IMG]

Thank you

8. chickentales

Apr 30, 2010
    Arizona
    You can bookmark the page for new stories or follow me on twitter. http://twitter.com/chickentales Every time I update my page it automatically gets posted to twitter!

I've learned so much from BackYardChickens that i'm starting to talk about this site on twitter. BYC also has a twitter account.

It's fun!

9. schellie69

schellie69 Songster

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    Red neck got started thanks to the miners who were trying to start a union for safety issues and better pay they were recognized by the red bandanna that they wore hence redneck just a little history thought everyone might like.

10. chickentales

Apr 30, 2010
    Arizona
    I had read about the red bandanas when I was researching the term. It was first about poor workers in the field and then the bandanas came about when it began to be used for political purposes. It's fascinating history. Too bad it's used as a slur now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by