Chicken Terrifies Boy in Florida

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Strumhead, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Strumhead

Strumhead New Egg

Feb 10, 2008
    Plant City, Florida 33563
    Just a quick hi from a relatively new BYC member....my name is John Brown and I live in Plant City, Florida. My flock of chickens is small--only 6 BR and 4 RIR--but they are ooooh, soooo SCAAARRRYYY!!!! I say that because I just posted 3 short videos on youtube of my neighbor's little boy (1.5 years old) being, well, basically terrified by them. All was well until a few minutes after my neighbors stopped by, the chickens appeared out of nowhere looking for a snack. The boy suddenly found himself surrounded by birds almost able to look him in the eye. It's really cute if your ok with a little good natured torture! All ends well though as you will see in the third video. Here's the link: http://youtube.com/user/strumhead
    Also
    , if you haven't seen the video to the chickens busting up the rabbit fight--a must see--there's a link to it on my youtube page.

2. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I like the part at the very end where the guy in the blue shirt scratches himself [​IMG]

3. FLchook

FLchook Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    Orlando, Florida
    Thats too cute, especially the 3rd one. Did he ever feed the chickens??

Kids and chickens....always a fun thing to watch!

Shannon

4. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    LOL That's funny!

Welcome to BYC, by the way. Jump in, we'd like to hear more from ya!

5. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Sorry, I found that video quite disturbing. That poor little guy was genuinely scared and his father was going to force him to feed the chicken, sorry, not entertaining in my opinion.

6. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    Quote:I agree. I don't think I could laugh while my young child was so afraid. I didn't baby my kids while they were growing up but at that age you do. That was genuine fear.

7. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Quote:i have to agree!!! I cannot believe that this poor boys father found the whole situation funny! He is so lucky his wife wasnt there! Or me for that matter!! That poor baby was scared silly, and you guys just forced him to stay there and endure it! Shame on you! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  8. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    delete

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  9. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    Guys, I'm pretty sure the child's gonna grow up and be perfectly fine. He wasn't being attacked, he wasn't being hurt. I was the same way around the cows when I was that age but I didn't have a choice, and I'm not in therapy or anything.

10. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    my little cusin was 2 yrs old. She when out in to the yard with a bar of soap. We tried telling her not to. About 40 chicken came running out of nowhere and was trying to get that bar of soap from her. It was funny. She has been afraid of them since.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by