Chicken Thang

BlackwoodHollow

Songster
5 Years
Apr 27, 2014
Northeastish Ga
Been lurking for a while now. I think I like this chicken thang... Looking to network with like-minded locals(Georgia bird here).

So, where are all the Australorps?

caf.gif

images

Welcome to BYC!

So glad you could join our community! I think I have all the Australorps....they are all I keep! I am looking to get some Barred Rocks this coming month however, expanding on my Aussie flock!

If you are looking to connect with others in your state, stop by your state thread to see who your chicken neighbors are!....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/240/georgia-here-too

Great to have you aboard and enjoy all your poultry adventures!

welcome-byc.gif
Hi there! I'm raising 4 Black Australorps right now. They are just at one month old right now. I love the breed...docile, even tempered, like to be petted/picked up, lay nice light brown eggs, and for me living in the Pacific Northwest, they are very cold hardy! Is that what you plan on raising is BA's?

Thanks folks, glad to be a part of this community.
At first, but there is so many wonderful breeds to chose from.
droolin.gif

They seem to be great dual purpose birds with a nice temperament and our children will be learning to help take care of them,so always a plus.
Do you have much experience with your BAs around children?

Thanks folks, glad to be a part of this community.
At first, but there is so many wonderful breeds to chose from.
droolin.gif

They seem to be great dual purpose birds with a nice temperament and our children will be learning to help take care of them,so always a plus.
Do you have much experience with your BAs around children?
BA's are noted for being very good with children.

The breed "Australorp" came about due to the the crossing of Australians and Orpingtons, hence the name...Austral-orps.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom