Chicken that want grow at 8 months size of chick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jacob Temple

Songster
9 Years
Apr 13, 2012
This chick is a Black Australorp rhode island red cross it is so small here is a pic of it with my bantam barred cochin hen and it is so small and the other pic is of its sisters that are the same age and the grown hens and they are about as big as there moms but this chick is so small what is going on ?

Last edited:
It might have something internally wrong with it that is affecting its growth. As long as it acts normal and healthy, it will probably live a perfectly happy life. Are you sure that it is the sister of those other hens? Is it possible that it is another breed, like a bantam?

Well it acts like a normally chicken i worry about if it don't will it lay small eggs or die b/c big eggs and no i just got the parents but they were my aunt and uncles and blacks and rhode island reds are the only thing they have other than an pair of frizzles but they were in a pen with top bottom you know and they are the only chickens around there area but i went and got some eggs b/c my hen that was setting didn't have any eggs just a golf ball lol

Back
Top Bottom