Chicken themed Bday party for 5 YO. Goody bag help?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chicamama, Jul 12, 2008.

1. chicamama

chicamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Topanga Ca
    [​IMG]
    Any ideas for little goody bags that are *chicken* themed.
    Ok, my biggest angst is *the Goody bag* for my dd's Bday. Can I get some suggestions. I cannot afford expensive things and I will have about 20 kids. Many mamas will bring along older sibblings too. [​IMG] Which drives me nuts when it comes to having enough cupcakes, etc...

Ack. Any thoughts? Anything eco friendly for 5 year olds? It's a Chicken Themed party. I'm trying to avoid the typical useless poo, but it may be unavoidable?

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Half a dozen eggs each?? [​IMG]

3. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Chicken manure

4. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Could you maybe get those fake eggs? (I know it's way past Easter) and fill them with little items such as candy, chapsticks, ect. Maybe some of those fake feathers for crafting? I don't know what else unless maybe someplace has tiny toys shaped like chickens.

5. purr

purr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    east freetown, ma
    well for the bag itself my DD and I did this for GD b-day we used brown bags with handles and stamped and stickered them. you can get these at micheals or A.C. moore.

As far as goodies you can get plastic eggs and fill them with candy
    and you can get the little farm animals to put in there

6. purr

purr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    east freetown, ma
    For a game at the party you could do a version of pin the tail on the donkey

Like put the egg in the nest or pin the wattle on the roo

or tail feather on the Roo

Look for straw farmer hats and bandanas for the kids

little toy tractors for the boys

7. menageriemama

menageriemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    Lake Nebagamon, WI
    How about little packets of seeds? Kids love planting things. Maybe you could print off directions on how to start seeds on paper and have your child decorate the bag and directions with stickers... You could also put in tounge depressors that the kids can label and decorate to identify their plants. Just a thought, and shouldnt be very expensive. Have fun!!

Edit: Not really chicken themed, but eco friendly and chickens COULD benefit from garden scraps [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  8. chicamama

chicamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Topanga Ca
    OMG! You guys rock my world. The chicken feathers from Michaels and arts n crafts.

Chicken feather on the CHICKEn....

THANKS!
    Keep em' coming. I feel better already!

9. ilovemychickies

ilovemychickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Maybe you ccould get little chicken figurines and put them in a plastic easter egg so that when the kids open them it looks like they hatched. I'm not sure if you could get this since it isn't Easter, but maybe you could get some of those little yellow marshmallow Peeps to also go in the goodie bag. Good luck! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  10. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Everyone has some awesome ideas. I love the pin the feather on the Rooster idea & plastic easter egg idea. Cool ideas everyone. [​IMG]

You can maybe get a packet of farm animals from the dollar store to split up to put in the goody bags. You may even find a packet of just chickens. My daughter loves the mini rubber chicken key chain.

How many goody bags do you have to make up? Have you looked at the Oriental Trading website? It's www.orientaltrading.com (I think)

I order things from there in bulk for Girl Scout projects.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by