Chicken Themed Halloween - Funny Pic! (C. Sanders & a BAD Egg)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sdChickie, Dec 9, 2009.

1. sdChickie

sdChickie Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2009
    San Diego
    This has been a great year of having a friendly new flock at the house here in San Diego! I have had a Halloween party for the past 14 years, many costumes over the yrs. But having the chickens present, added to this year's theme. I wanted to be a 'bad egg', which I paper machéd and my fiancée' decided to be the Coronel Sanders (all in fun of course). He had Chicken nuggets all warmed up and handed them out to new guests as they arrived. Non of the flock were harmed in this process :eek:) Morley, our rooster came out for a visit on this shot, he was a real star!
    [​IMG]

2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Too cute...... [​IMG]

3. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] LOVE it!!! What fun!!!! What did you use for the form to get the egg? It is just amazing!!!

4. sdChickie

sdChickie Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2009
    San Diego
    For the form of the egg, I paper mached a wrapped up Pilate ball and a big plastic Halloween caldron. Where the two items met I stuffed in a lot of newspaper so it looked more egg shape and not pear shaped. To keep the form I stapled in opened coat hangers to keep the curve. Too funny I thought I would find beach balls in stores, but even in San Diego they are long gone after Labor Day, so I had to hunt and gather other big round items...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by