1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken themed party ideas for a 7th birthday?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by CritterHill, May 13, 2010.

1. CritterHill

CritterHill Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    SE PA
    Ok, my google-fu is failing me, but I am hoping BYC can help!

My 6 year old wants a chicken themed 7th birthday party next month. Does anyone have ideas for games, activities, decorations, ANYTHING other than releasing my flock into the middle of a bunch of screaming 7 year old girls?!

I looked for a similar thread on BYC - surely I can't be the first to want chicken-party ideas, but didn't find any. If there is one, a link to it would be great!

Thanks!

2. CritterHill

Feb 3, 2008
    SE PA
    Hah! Thanks. I know why I didn't find it. I was doing -little in my searches since I wasn't particularly interested in chicken little paraphernalia.

That second link looks awesome though. Thanks!

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Yes I REALLY like the second one because if gives you visuals how to make the stuff. Such cute items!!!!!

4. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    I made these and sent them in with my 4year old to preschool this year at Easter time, but they can certainly do double-duty as either the cake part of the party or as favors for the guests. They're actually quite simple, just a little time-consuming. If you're interested, PM me and I'll send you the instructions for making them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  5. bwebb7

bwebb7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2008
    Brooksville, Fl
    Don't forget an egg toss and an egg race (where they have it on a spoon) and have to do a hairpin race

6. CritterHill

Feb 3, 2008
    SE PA
    Ooh, egg toss! I wonder if the parents will be annoyed if I send the kids home covered in egg?

AdozenGirlz, those are adorable!

7. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:Thanks [​IMG]

8. lceh

lceh Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    Central Virginia
    Don't know if you need a cake idea, but here's the one from my DD's 7th birthday:

[​IMG]

9. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    A chicken pinata? I would boil the eggs for the spoon race and egg toss, just to be on the safe side.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by