Chicken therapy for a crazy week....

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by TerryH, Jun 19, 2016.

1. TerryH

TerryH Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2016
    NW Arkansas
    My Coop
    Everything started out great. Our church choir went to St. Louis to sing in the Southern Baptist Convention on Monday which was my birthday. It was going to be a great few days away from normal life with my beautiful wife. Unfortunately that took a crazy turn Tuesday night when I had a heart attack in the hotel room. I know that I'm stupid but I just waited out the pain and prayed. I did not want to be in the hospital 6 hours from home. Thursday night after we had returned, it all started again. Spend the next couple of days in the hospital here. Out now but feeling like a truck has hit me...perhaps a couple of times. All is well, or will be. I have single artery disease. The artery is 100% closed but another has grown around it to take it's place. No stint, no surgery, just a bunch of meds. Feeling blessed to still be here. I am confident in where I'm going when He is done with me here but there is no need to rush. :)

This is the first Sunday that I haven't been at regular church or preached at our apartment complex church that we pastor in a very long time. My daughter flew in from Orlando to see me and especially to help my wife. Cheryl was a little stressed by all of his. They are out running errands this morning so I took time just to sit in the run with the chickens. So therapeutic to just be with them. To see them not have a care in the world. To enjoy how they follow me all over everywhere just in case I might have a little scratch or some meal worms. To watch them just be happy in the place that we built for them.

Anyway enough of that. I'd appreciate your prayers for me and for Cheryl.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  2. lcertuche

lcertuche Chillin' With My Peeps

By His stripes you are healed and for the glory of God may you be the witness to this.

3. TerryH

TerryH Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2016
    NW Arkansas
    My Coop

Thank you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by