1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. Someone stole our chickens yesterday.

Just want to spread the word. We're in Odessa FL, just outside of Tampa.

We lost a Buff Orpington Roo

2 Barred Rock hens
    2 Golden Lace Wing hens
    2 Jersey Giants hen
    1 RIR Hen

The birds were stolen between 1pm and 5pm Saturday the 9th. We had raised them from day old chicks. This was our first flock and our first birds. They had just started laying, we'd gotten about 2 doz. eggs and now they're all gone.

Can't believe it. Just wanted to get the word out.

Linda

2. StephanieD

StephanieD Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    Oh man..... so sorry. Do you have angry neighbors, by chance? I really, really dislike thieves.... I hope you catch them. Time to set up cameras if you get more chicks!

3. Agnella

Agnella Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    N. Georgia
    I am SO sorry. That is just horrible.
    I don't understand why someone would steal chickens.

4. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    So sorry you got ripped off. such a sad way to [​IMG] to BYC! [​IMG] for you!

5. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    sorry, double post.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  6. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Hey Platinum over there! You know you can delete your own posts. [​IMG]

7. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Unbelievable! I'm sorry this happened to you, hope you called the cops.

8. g&h farm

g&h farm Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2011
    Brooksville, Fl
    Im so sorry to hear this. I actually grew up in Odessa. I live in Brooksville and have ameraucana chicks if you want some I will give a few. I also told my friend about this, she also lives in Odessa and has a house up here in Brooksville and said she would be willing to do a hatch of mixed breeds and give you some.
    [​IMG]

9. StephanieD

StephanieD Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    g&h farm :

Im so sorry to hear this. I actually grew up in Odessa. I live in Brooksville and have ameraucana chicks if you want some I will give a few. I also told my friend about this, she also lives in Odessa and has a house up here in Brooksville and said she would be willing to do a hatch of mixed breeds and give you some.
    [​IMG]

That is very kind of you G&H Farms [​IMG]

10. klmclain1

klmclain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    How horrible! And just plain rude. I do hope you reported it to the police. Have you thought of calling the local tv stations? It's such and odd story they just might run it! Who knows - they may get found and returned. Also, check with your local shelter/humane society. Someone may have stolen them and put them in someone's backyard as a "joke". They may have been taken to the shelter! Just thoughts! Good luck...and BAD VIBES to the thief(s)!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by