Chicken Toys

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by opps00, Apr 18, 2008.

1. opps00

opps00 New Egg

Apr 16, 2008
    Does anyone know any chicken toys that I can build?? or buy??

2. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
  3. waynesgarden

waynesgarden Feathers of Steel

Mar 30, 2008
    Oxford County
    build?? or buy??

Last week, when I was replacing the bulb in the brooder, I threw the cardboard packaging the bulb came in iin with birds. They had a good time checking out the inside and hopping through the big hole in the side. Try hanging just about anything in the coop. If it's somethig they can eat, they'll be in heaven.

Like children, they won't be fussy and demand only shiny, store-bought toys unless we teach them that's what they want. Don't spoil them. [​IMG]

Wayne

4. Featherland

Featherland Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Missouri
    During the winter I was concerned about my girls getting bored on the really cold days when they didn't go out side. I took a hanging fruit basket, the kind that are made of a metal mesh, with 3 baskets and hung it up. I put a metal pie pan in the bottom one. When I gave them treats, usually vegetables like cut up pieces of stems of broccoli and califlower etc... I would put it in the top basket. Some would fall to the bottom right away and we would have a mad scramble. When the girls were done with those they would jump up and peck up at the other pieces to make them fall. Some might peck and others would watch and wait for the prize! It is hilarious to watch!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by