Chicken Tractor Made for 24 Dollars thanks to skids (pics)

Want2BFarmer

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 21, 2009
PA
Here are some pictures of my recently finished tractor that was made from wood skids. I cut the skids apart and then used the pieces to construct the tractor. The only thing I bought was the 2x4's to construct the long parts of the run area. It is not the greatest tractor ever but it will work for my meat birds. I just wanted to prove that you can have chickens without having to spend a lot of money.

23393_chicken_coup_001.jpg

23393_chicken_coup_002.jpg

23393_chicken_coup_003.jpg

By skids I mean pallets and the wood is not the best looking .... all I did was bleach it to get it some what consistent in color and then stain. I wanted it to look rough like a old barn. Hopefully the chickens approve of their home.

I think the chickens will appove. Good Job. I just started a "low budget" coop. I had scrap lumber lying around. I think the chicken wire will be the most expensive part of the project.

That looks nice! I have been thinking about what kind of tractor I will make for my chickies. I have a while since I haven't gotten them yet!

I was snooping around my landlord's barn (she told me I could store some stuff there) and saw some good sized chunks of scrap plywood .....hmmm... if I show her the cute little fuffy babies and tell her they will need a nice secure home when they get bigger.....and offer to clear out that part of the barn....

Back
Top Bottom