Chicken tractor pics

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ebrooks, Jan 28, 2013.

1. ebrooks

ebrooks New Egg

Jan 28, 2013
    Does anyone have pics of the inside of a floorless chicken tractor? I am about to start building one and need some ideas.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  2. katoranger

katoranger Out Of The Brooder

Nov 7, 2012
    Altamont, KS
    What do mean by floorless? Here is mine. Not yet complete. I have been building on it alittle at a time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. ebrooks

ebrooks New Egg

Jan 28, 2013
    I keep reading about floorless coops and how they are easier to keep clean. My question is, is the whole interior of the coop floorless except for the nesting boxes? I know the boxes have to have a floor in them or you have a bunch of broken eggs on the ground. But below the roosting boards, can it be open or does it need a floor?

4. katoranger

katoranger Out Of The Brooder

Nov 7, 2012
    Altamont, KS
    I am not sure if a floor is necessary, but being able to close the coop up at night to secure it is a good idea. I plan to have both ends open so that I can easily clean it out with a broom and shovel. The center of the floor will be a ramp/door that I can close up at night to secure the birds inside. The floor of the coop is 2 feet off the ground. I can sweep it into a wheelbarrow and if needed use a garden hose to wash it down.

This is my first coop, but I have put some thought into it while we were waiting to close on our house. Now I have people begging for eggs and I don't even have chicks yet.

5. foulplay

foulplay Chillin' With My Peeps

That sounds like a good idea. The only problem would be support. If you have a wire/mesh floor there would need to be strength to it to. A floor isn't that big of a pain. I have a floor in my chicken tractor and it helps keep the chickens warm.

[​IMG]

6. DeanCollins

DeanCollins New Egg

Nov 18, 2012
    What about these guys with their wire floor. - http://chickencaravan.com/

Little pricey though in both the 150 and 400 models

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by