chicken tractor

SilverHair

Chirping
Oct 2, 2015
I'm looking for plans for a chicken tractor layout to move into my garden, not wide but enough room for the birds to move around, idea is to let them earn their keep I guess by working the ground, i'm planning on using pvc pipe for the frame and netting, let me know

thanks

Silver

02 November 2015

built a modified version of a chicken tractor over the weekend, just finished, I think it will work, fine, for now it's short but has the room for extending it, no glue, biggest problem was the corner fittings one of the suppliers didn't come close the second one I had to special order from so I bought all they had and ordered more left me with 4 over, last hing that it needs is a root and cover and should be good to go, got the idea from the coops forum next project is an incubator and larger tractor. Not sure how Mama is gonna like that idea, but it keeps me active and healthy

Last edited:
How many birds do you want to house in it? Are you planning to use it more as a temporary/day grazing containment or as a full-time housing unit for them?

Back
Top Bottom