Chicken trading

Ben a 620

In the Brooder
Dec 28, 2020
I am expecting a shipment of 5 welsummer pullets around the 4th of April. I was wondering if there is any place where I could trade chickens for another breed or for a discount around Chicago? I really love the egg color welsummers lay but I also would love to have a variety of colors so that is why I would like to trade some.

I wouldnt. You could be bringing in any number of parasites or diseases with the new birds. If you want to add color (and I'm big on varying color in my birds and eggs) I'd reccomend ordering a few more chicks in a larger variety that correspond with your current ship date and either selling off the excess welsummers once they've feathered out or contacting the place you've already ordered from about modifying your order to better suit your wants. You'd be avoiding disease and integration issues as well as getting what you want.

I wouldnt. You could be bringing in any number of parasites or diseases with the new birds. If you want to add color (and I'm big on varying color in my birds and eggs) I'd reccomend ordering a few more chicks in a larger variety that correspond with your current ship date and either selling off the excess welsummers once they've feathered out or contacting the place you've already ordered from about modifying your order to better suit your wants. You'd be avoiding disease and integration issues as well as getting what you want.
These are very good ideas, I’m going to think on whether I want to take the risk or do as you’ve said.

Back
Top Bottom