chicken trainer on "It's me or the dog"

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KristyHall, Jul 23, 2011.

1. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    The tv was on in the living room when I went through and "it's me or the dog" was on and the woman brought in a chicken trainer. she was showing these people how to train your chickens to do tricks. As the show interviewed her she had a pretty little hen sitting on her shoulder like a parrot. it was cute!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  2. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    I used to let mine sit on my shoulder until she pecked my eye really good and, according to the doctor, I was lucky not to lose any vision permanently. [​IMG]

3. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    Quote:ooowww. I had one that would peck my teeth when ever I smiles. he was such a lap pet.

4. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Quote:ooowww. I had one that would peck my teeth when ever I smiles. he was such a lap pet.

Yea, this little girl is a sweetheart. She didn't mean to hurt me...she was just checking things out. She is no longer allowed to perch on my shoulder. LOL

5. ChicksterJo

ChicksterJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Grounded on Earth
    [​IMG] My chickens are better than the parrot that we used to have. He hated being touched (we were basically rehabilitating him anyway) but my chicks love to jump on my shoulders or lap or sometimes my back. If they jump on my shoulder though, I pluck them off after a few seconds because I'm afraid of getting my eyes pecked.

6. gamebirdboy

gamebirdboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    East Tennessee
    I let mine sit on my shoulder, one hen will even ride in the trailer I pull behind the mower. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by