Chicken training, I'm so impressed!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by GardenGal, Jun 4, 2012.

1. GardenGal

GardenGal Songster

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    Since our flock got down to 2, Amelia has been a stinker at night, and Dixie was getting balder all the time. I very nearly put Amelia up on Craigslist, but Dixie was so attached her I just hated to. So a couple nights ago I started telling her no no and shaking my finger at her when she was about to go after Dixie, then I'd talk to her sweetly and tell her what a good girl she was. The first night she was inclined to fight me, the second night she gave in quicker and tonight...

Amelia came in second and thought about going after Dixie briefly, I said no no and told her she was such a good chicken. She practically shrugged her shoulders and settled down at the far end. I watched her for a second. Dixie watched her too, and then shuffled halfway over. Amelia glanced at me, then shuffled halfway over to Dixie. They looked at each other for a second and then settled down happily.

Who knew???? If only I could train our dogs!!!

2. Ilovemyduckies

Ilovemyduckies Songster

Feb 21, 2012
    [​IMG] If only my dog would train this easy.

3. GardenGal

GardenGal Songster

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    Ours too! We have a lab and a spaniel, and when I tell them to come they look around frantically to see what they should be chasing!

4. aoxa

aoxa Crowing

Really though.. My chickens do listen better than my dogs as well. I can't get my darn poodle to get inside when I want her in. She just sits and looks at me like I have two heads...

:rolleyes:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: