Chicken Trivia

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by BLUeggy, Jan 28, 2013.

1. BLUeggy

BLUeggy In the Brooder

Apr 6, 2011
    Chesapeake Va
    I am writing an outline for my public speaking class! My speech is persuasive in nature and the topic is "The Benefits of Keeping a Flock of Backyard Chickens." There will be a portion during the speech when I want to give the listeners fun trivia. So I thought the most perfect place in the world to obtain that kind of trivia would be non-other than Backyard Chickens!! If any of the wonderful members on this forum would like to contribute their ideas for "Fun Chicken Trivia" I would be ever so grateful. Thanks so much and I look forward to reading some trivia. Please feel free to give a personal testimony if you like to type [​IMG]

2. lovincolorado

lovincolorado In the Brooder

Jul 28, 2012
    Bailey, CO
    Look up "Mike the headless Chicken" from Fruita CO 1945

3. BLUeggy

BLUeggy In the Brooder

Apr 6, 2011
    Chesapeake Va
    I remember reading about this poor chicken a while back. Seems like torture to me. Definitely some weird trivia!

4. wsmith

wsmith Songster

On my Windy Ridge Facebook page, each day I post one chicken fact......some well knoen to most, others are definately trivia......Click the link in my signature.

5. BLUeggy

BLUeggy In the Brooder

Apr 6, 2011
    Chesapeake Va
    Thanks wsmith, I will definitely do that [​IMG]

6. BLUeggy

BLUeggy In the Brooder

Apr 6, 2011
    Chesapeake Va
    wsmith, just checked your facebook page and that's perfect [​IMG] exactly the kind of trivia I'm looking for. Thanks again!!!

7. wsmith

wsmith Songster

awesome! Glad you like it. some of it is specifically geared towards Dominiques, some isn't. I just added about 14 things to the "list" this morning!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by