Chicken TV, How do you watch ?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by al6517, Aug 27, 2008.

1. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Most of us know what chicken TV is, and we all look forward to it everyday, tell us how you enjoy your chicken TV.

I enjoy mine much the same as most folks, it just makes me feel good when I head off to the coop with a big bowl of treats, my wife and teenage daughter in tow. I set up our chairs which stay in the coop and settle in to our favorite channel. my tough days wash away when i look over and see my family smiling/laughing while enjoying all the antics of our feathery entertainers. It gives me time to see my teenager out of her room and off the computer & phone & ipod and into a better part of the day. Now this is living, how about you??

AL

2. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Chicken TV is fun. I especially love it right now when I take treats out. They go nuts for cantelopes and corn. [​IMG]

3. AllChookUp

AllChookUp Will Shut Up for Chocolate

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    I enjoy my Chicken TV on weekend mornings with a cup of coffee, and pretty much every weekday afternoon when I come home and let them out to range.

Best. Sitcom. Ever.

4. chicknmania

chicknmania Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    On nice days when I can leave my home office and take my lunch outside. I also have to bring enough lunch for our chicken flock of 42 chickens, a dog, and two cats. We all enjoy the sunshine, and lunch, together! We recently had our house interior professionally painted, and the painters enjoyed doing this, too. [​IMG] What the chickens did today is a subject of every dinner conversation at our house.

5. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    When the dayss are shorter ad the light is still on in the coop we like to watch everybody settling in one by one, through the back window, a perfectly lit up square. That's the Chicken Channel.

6. MiniDriver

MiniDriver Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2007
    Massachusetts
    The Chicken Show is the greatest way to unwind after a stressful day at the office. Sit out on the swing with a glass of iced tea and baggie of treaties. I just love the sight of my girls running to me, greedy for goodies.

A few days ago, the squirrels were in the compost, and the chickens were outraged at the invasion of their turf. After a bit of posturing, saber-rattlling, and craven retreats in the face of rodent aggression, they settled into a wary but amicable co-existence.

The great Chicken-Squirrel War of '08 will go down in history as the world's funniest.

7. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    Aww. I can't wait for chicken tv. Our first attempt at raising babies will begin any day now! But for now, we have duck tv. We acquired 2 ducks, now 3 months old, and love to sit on the front porch to see what they are going to do next. It does really bring together a family!

8. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I love my chicken TV too! We enjoy sitting on the swing and watching them. Also hubby was thinking of me when he placed the coop at the edge of our front lawn. This way I can peek out any window on that side of the house to catch a quick glimpse! I love being able to do the dishes or fix supper while watching the chicken chanel.

9. Appytaz

Appytaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Central Florida
    I wish my chickens would come for treats! [​IMG] Whenever I try to take them something they run screaming like I am trying to kill them! I am hoping the babies will take to the treats soon, as they are more tame that the olders group.

I do enjoy watching the babies out the bedroom window in the mornings as I get ready to go to work. they are digging under the tree every morning.

10. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Try sitting still and letting them come to you! I can sit out to watch the CTV all evening and it doesn't take long for the chickens to stroll over to see what the Food Bringer may have on hand. I don't normally buy treats on purpose or even take treats to them but they come running when they see a bowl in my hands! If I want a close encounter of the chicken kind, I make them take it out of my hand if they want it....they always want it!

I get some of my best thoughts when relaxing and watching the bird tube. Love the show, "cheeper" than cable or dish! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by