Chicken Types

Calm Creek Chickens

In the Brooder
Jul 1, 2022
I’m looking in to getting six chickens and have had previous experience before with chickens. I was curios about the speckled Sussex wether or not it was a good friendly, quite layer hen. We where also wanting to get blue laced red wyandottes, Rhode Island red, lavender, chocolate, and buff Orpingtons.

I’m looking in to getting six chickens and have had previous experience before with chickens. I was curios about the speckled Sussex wether or not it was a good friendly, quite layer hen. We where also wanting to get blue laced red wyandottes, Rhode Island red, lavender, chocolate, and buff Orpingtons.
My personality experience with them, they were bullies from the get go and they didn't last long. But a ton of people here seem to really like them.

We have 2 SS, they give an egg just about everyday, they're not to noisy (like our orpingtons) and are some of our younger chickens (I think they're 2 yrs old) so they aren't as high up on the latter as some of our older girls. Not sure about all the colored varieties of orps because we only have buffs, but I know our buffs are the friendliest and most curious of the chickens we have (and the roosters love them) All yours listed would be good layers for a backyard flock (including the speckled sussex).

Back
Top Bottom