Chicken Underwear

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by LoveMySiouxsie87, May 9, 2011.

1. LoveMySiouxsie87

LoveMySiouxsie87 In the Brooder

May 7, 2009
    I had a raccoon attack last night that wiped out my whole flock except for one bird. I can't leave her outside in the coop since its not safe so she'll be staying with me in my room at night for the next day or two while I reinforce the coop and I was wondering if anyone had a pattern for chicken underwear. I've tried to find one online and all I'm getting are chicken underwear related jokes.
    Thanks.

2. Google 'chicken diaper' you'll see a post from backyard chickens:
    Need a good chicken diaper pattern! ASAP! Go to youtube.com and search "how to make a chicken diaper"

3. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Crowing

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Can you get a diaper sewn for her in time? You can also put shavings in the bottom of a large cardboard box for her. Netting or some wire over the top will keep her in. Duct tape will keep the top in place. [​IMG] If you have a dog crate available, that's even better. I've also knocked cages together pretty easily out of wire and j-clips, with a tray or box in the bottom.

4. Hippie Chicks Mom

Hippie Chicks Mom Songster

Jun 9, 2010
    Near Old Forge NY
    I'm so sorry for your lost flock. You must be heart broken. Good luck.

5. GreenGables

GreenGables Songster

Feb 25, 2011
    MA
    The diaper was just featured in the May issue of MaryJanesFarm magazine. It's called a chicken nappy. They are for sale on mypetchicken.com as well.

6. ketcham

ketcham Chirping

Apr 8, 2011
    Marshallville,Ohio
    Sorry to hear about your flock.Time for pest controll.Get that raccoon!!Kevin [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by